First time in a long time that the PPV is this meaningful. Not only because the actual Royal Rumble is for the WWE Heavyweight title itself, but because is a huge chance for WWE to turn around after a mediocre 2015 with all the injuries.
Here are the matches and my predictions:
|1P||Darren Young and Damien Sandow vs. The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley) vs. The Ascension (Konnor and Viktor) vs. Mark Henry and Jack Swagger||Fatal four-way tag team match to qualify for the Royal Rumble match|
|2||2016 Royal Rumble match||30-man Royal Rumble match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship|
|3||Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Kevin Owens||Last Man Standing match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship|
|4||Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Kalisto||Singles match for the WWE United States Championship|
|5||Charlotte (c) (with Ric Flair) vs. Becky Lynch||Singles match for the WWE Divas Championship|
|6||The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and/or Xavier Woods) (c) vs. The Usos (Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso)||Tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship|
- Fatal four-way tag: I doubt any of them will make a big difference but it should be fun assuming they have enough time. I would prefer any one except the Dudleys since they are the oldest, but most likely they’ll win.
- Alberto del Rio vs. Kalisto: Kalisto should come on top. He really deserves it.
- Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch: I would love to see Becky Lynch win it, she really deserves it. Specially with no one else anywhere close to the belt with Sasha and Paige both out with injuries.
- New Day vs. The Usos: The chances of the Usos winning it are slim with New Day being the top team and no real threat.
- Ambrose vs. Owens: This match was crying for a gimmick as we’ve seen them fight over and over in the last few weeks. All were good matches but was risking fans losing interest on the match. Should be a good match but the feud was not played well IMO with so many one on one encounters between the two. That would take some points from my score unless they really surprise me. Ambrose should retain in a good match.
- Rumble: I prefer seeing Bray Wyatt come up with the win. It would be the best thing to do. AJ Styles in it would be a big buzz but he shouldn’t win it either. Maybe make a big impact but not winning it. I would love to see Brock, Reigns, AJ and Bray as the final 4.